|This article is about a/an crossover special in Ressha Sentai ToQger and Kamen Rider Gaim.|
|Ressha Sentai ToQger Vs. Kamen Rider Gaim Spring Vacation Combining Special|
|A special for Ressha Sentai ToQger and Kamen Rider Gaim|
|Air date March 30, 2014|
|Written by Nobuhiro Mouri|
|Directed by Shojiro Nakazawa|
|Order in Continuity|
Station 6: What Are We Looking For?
Previous in other series
Next in other series
Ressha Sentai ToQger Vs. Kamen Rider Gaim Spring Vacation Combining Special (烈車戦隊トッキュウジャーＶＳ仮面ライダー鎧武春休み合体スペシャル Ressha Sentai Tokkyūjā Tai Kamen Raidā Gaimu Haruyasumi Gattai Supesharu?) is a 1 hour special which aired in Japan in the Super Hero Time block featuring a crossover between Ressha Sentai ToQger and Kamen Rider Gaim on March 30, 2014, one day after the premiere of Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai.
It is the second TV crossover between Kamen Rider and Super Sentai as well as the first formal crossover between one Rider season and one Sentai season since Kamen Rider Decade crossed over with Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. It is also the first such crossover to air as a single TV special, as the main body of the Decade/Shinkenger crossover was the two-part World of Shinkenger arc in Decade as well as being featured in two episodes of Shinkenger.
The ToQgers stop at a train station near a big city with a tower whose citizens are friendly all the time and no Shadow Line activity seems to take place. However, while exploring this city and getting ready to dine on the local food, a threat emerges in the form of a strange monster. When the ToQgers try to confront this enemy, they bump into a strange man who uses an armor made from fruit.
The Rainbow Line arrives at a station in Zawame City and with no Shadow Creeps in the area, the ToQgers decide to make a stop to enjoy the local attractions. While exploring the city, Right and the others watch a dance performance from Team Gaim when Moguraroid of the Badan Empire appears to cause a ruckus. Kouta Kazuraba appears to help his friend Mai Takatsukasa and both Armored Rider Gaim and the ToQgers transform to fight the enemy. After being briefly surprised by each other's powers, the heroes confront Moguraroid who digs a hole in the ground to call for reinforcements, but opens a Crack instead from which a Lion Inves appears. Armored Rider Gaim and ToQ 1gou pursue the Inves through the Crack while the other ToQgers drive Moguraroid away, assisted by Mitsuzane Kureshima who transforms into Armored Rider Ryugen. On the other side of the Crack, Right is about to eat a fruit when Kouta stops him from doing so, warning him of the dangers of the Helheim Forest.
Once reunited at Drupers, Kouta, Mitsuzane, Mai, and the ToQgers become friends and while Mai, Kagura, and Mio decide to hang out together, Right invites Kouta to show him the Ressha while Mitsuzane consults with his brother Takatora, head of the Yggdrasill Corporation about the Badan Empire. Despite Kouta having enough Imagination to see the Rainbow Line, he lacks a pass to enter it, until a man introducing himself as Narutaki appears and lends him one before leaving without further explanation about an outcome Rider War between each Riders from two different eras. Once inside the Ressha, Right learns from Kouta about his fight to stop the Helheim Forest from spreading into Zawame City and offers his help, but Kouta refuses, claiming that the ToQgers are already busy with their search for their hometown while confronting the Shadow Line. Meanwhile, Mai, Mio, and Kagura have another encounter with Moguraroid who once again attempts to bring reinforcements, but draws out the Lion Inves instead, again, and both Gaim and the other ToQgers arrive to help them. During the fight, the Lion Inves eats some Helheim Fruits from a nearby Crack and enlarges itself into a gigantic size. The ToQgers then form ToQ-Oh Car Carrier Tank and manage to destroy the Inves. With the Rainbow Line about to depart from Zawame City, Kouta makes a request to Right, and using the Rainbow Pass he earned from Narutaki, he asks him to take Mai with them in order to keep her safe.
At Kouta's request, the ToQgers take Mai with them for her own safety, and make plans to keep her entertained. But Wagon ends up revealing the truth about the events to her and she sneaks out of the Ressha when it stops in another station in Zawame City. She is found and captured by Moguraroid who uses her as a hostage against the ToQgers. Upon learning about the situation, Kouta blames himself for abandoning Mai while Mitsuzane manages to pinpoint Moguraroid's location with help from his brother. Meanwhile, Moguraroid digs another hole and finally succeeds with his plan to call for reinforcements. Outside the building, Kouta and Mitsuzane make plans to rescue Mai when Kaito appears to help them. Armored Riders Baron and Ryugen create a commotion to draw Moguraroid's attention while Kouta and Right sneak inside the building to save her. However the two come across another Moguraroid, revealing that the first had summoned his own twin to assist him. Nevertheless, Kouta and Right succeed in rescuing Mai, and while the Armored Riders confront one of the monsters, the ToQgers face the other.
Just as the ToQgers fight, another warrior introducing himself as Kamen Rider Fifteen appears and confronts them. Overpowered by their new foe, the ToQgers are saved with the sudden arrival of Kamen Riders 1, 2 and V3, who confront Fifteen while they finish the Moguraroid with the Renketsu Bazooka. As Fifteen flees, the Showa Riders also leave without assisting Gaim and the others, claiming that they do not intend to involve themselves with the Heisei Riders. After transforming into Mango and Kiwi Arms respectively, Baron and Ryugen defeat the Badan Empire soldiers while Gaim transforms into Kachidoki Arms and finishes the other Moguraroid with the Hinawa Daidai Musou Zan attack, performed by combining the DJ Gun with the Musou Saber. The first Moguraroid's last words are that Badan's plan was just the beginning before the Mole kaijin exploded. As the ToQgers bid farewell to Kouta and the others as they leave the city, Kamen Rider Fifteen appears elsewhere, claiming that the time for the world to be conquered by the Badan Empire is at hand.
Continuity and PlacementEdit
- Ressha Sentai ToQger: The premiere date of this special places it between Station 6 and Station 7. This appears accurate as the ToQgers have access to the Car Carrier Ressha and Tank Ressha here, which they acquired in Station 5 and Station 6 respectively.
- Kamen Rider Gaim: The premiere date of this special places it between Episode 23 and Episode 24. However, due to the latter showing Baron still in the same fight he was in at the end of the former, this special seems to take place at least after episode 24.
|Kamen Rider Gaim||Kouta Kazuraba|
|Kamen Rider Baron||Kaito Kumon|
|Kamen Rider Ryugen||Mitsuzane Kureshima|
|Kamen Rider 1||Takeshi Hongo|
|Kamen Rider 2||Hayato Ichimonji|
|Kamen Rider V3||Shiro Kazami|
|Kamen Rider Fifteen||Ren Aoi|
- Right (ライト Raito?): Jun Shison (志尊 淳 Shison Jun?)
- Tokatti (トカッチ Tokatchi?): Jin Hiramaki (平牧 仁 Hiramaki Jin?)
- Mio (ミオ?): Riria (梨里杏?)
- Hikari (ヒカリ?): Ryusei Yokohama (横浜流星 Yokohama Ryūsei?)
- Kagura (カグラ?): Ai Moritaka (森高 愛 Moritaka Ai?)
- Conductor (車掌 Shashō?): Tsutomu Sekine (関根 勤 Sekine Tsutomu?)
- Ticket (チケット Chiketto?, Voice), ToQger Equipment Voice: Kappei Yamaguchi (山口 勝平 Yamaguchi Kappei?)
- Wagon (ワゴン? Voice): Yui Horie (堀江 由衣 Horie Yui?)
- Kouta Kazuraba (葛葉 紘汰 Kazuraba Kōta?): Gaku Sano (佐野 岳 Sano Gaku?)
- Mai Takatsukasa (高司 舞 Takatsukasa Mai?): Yuumi Shida (志田 友美 Shida Yuumi?)
- Kaito Kumon (駆紋 戒斗 Kumon Kaito?): Yutaka Kobayashi (小林 豊 Kobayashi Yutaka?)
- Mitsuzane Kureshima (呉島 光実 Kureshima Mitsuzane?): Mahiro Takasugi (高杉 真宙 Takasugi Mahiro?)
- Takatora Kureshima (呉島 貴虎 Kureshima Takatora?): Yuki Kubota (久保田 悠来 Kubota Yūki?)
- Kiyojiro Bando (阪東 清治郎 Bandō Kiyojirō?): Tomohisa Yuge (弓削 智久 Yuge Tomohisa?)
- Narutaki (鳴滝?): Tatsuhito Okuda (奥田 達士 Okuda Tatsuhito?)
- Mogura-Roid (もぐらロイド Moguraroido?, Voice): Kyōsei Tsukui (津久井 教生 Tsukui Kyōsei?)
- Kamen Rider 1 (仮面ライダー1号 Kamen Raidā Ichigō?, Voice): Tetsu Inada (稲田 徹 Inada Tetsu?)
- Kamen Rider 2 (仮面ライダー2号 Kamen Raidā Nigō?, Voice): Takahiro Fujimoto (藤本 たかひろ Fujimoto Takahiro?)
- Kamen Rider V3 (仮面ライダーV3 Kamen Raidā Bui Surī?, Voice): Tomokazu Seki (関 智一 Seki Tomokazu?)
- Kamen Rider Fifteen (仮面ライダーフィフティーン Kamen Raidā Fifutīn?, Voice): Itsuji Itao (板尾 創路 Itao Itsuji?)
- ToQ 1gou: Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi?)
- ToQ 2gou: Masashi Takada (高田 将司 Takada Masashi?)
- ToQ 3gou: Ryoko Gomi (五味 涼子 Gomi Ryōko?)
- ToQ 4gou: Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro?)
- ToQ 5gou, Wagon: Mizuho Nogawa (野川 瑞穂 Nogawa Mizuho?)
- Kamen Rider Gaim: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji?)
- Kamen Rider Baron: Eitoku (永徳?)
- Kamen Rider Ryugen: Daisuke Satō (佐藤 太輔 Satō Daisuke?)
- Kamen Rider Fifteen: Kenji Tominaga (富永 研司 Tominaga Kenji?)
- Main article: Transfer Changes
- The ToQgers can use their ToQ Ressha to transform, swap colors with each other, and summon their giant Ressha.
- All - Energy (Rainbow Rush)
- ToQ 1gou - Red (1x Summoning Red Ressha), Scope (ToQ Blaster Uchimasu (Blaster) Mode), Car Carrier (Summoning Car Carrier Ressha), Tank (Summoning Tank Ressha)
- ToQ 2gou - Blue (1x Summoning Blue Ressha), Pink (Transfer Change), Scope (ToQ Blaster Uchimasu (Blaster) Mode)
- ToQ 3gou - Yellow (1x Summoning Yellow Ressha), Green (Transfer Change), Scope (ToQ Blaster Kirimasu (Sword) Mode)
- ToQ 4gou - Green (1x Summoning Green Ressha), Yellow (Transfer Change), Scope (ToQ Blaster Kirimasu (Sword) Mode)
- ToQ 5gou - Pink (1x Summoning Pink Ressha), Blue (Transfer Change), Scope (ToQ Blaster Uchimasu (Blaster) Mode)
- All - Energy (Rainbow Rush)
- Forms used:
- With this special, ToQ 2gou and ToQ 5gou have used all of their core teammates' powers at least once.
- This also means that all 3 core male ToQgers have now used all 5 of the core ToQgers' powers at least once.
- This special marks the first time only one of the ToQgers (in this case, ToQ 1gou) does not initiate a Transfer Change.
- This also marks the first time ToQ 1gou does not initiate a Transfer Change.
- Main article: Lockseeds
- The Armored Riders can use their Lockseeds to transform into various different Arms forms.
- to be added
- When the Showa Riders make their appearance, Mio (ToQ 3gou) questions why V3 isn't just called Kamen Rider 3 like his predecessors. An actual Rider named Kamen Rider 3, being the third Kamen Rider cyborg created by Shocker following the Double Riders, would appear in Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3.
- This special introduces the ToQ-Oh combination ToQ-Oh Car Carrier Tank, the combination of ToQ-Oh Car Carrier and ToQ-Oh Tank following their respective debuts in the previous two episodes of ToQger. ToQ-Oh Car Carrier Tank will debut in Episode 39.
- Despite appearing in this special, Takatora Kureshima does not transform into Kamen Rider Zangetsu Shin.
- It is possible that his failure to notice the ToQ-Oh Car Carrier Tank behind him was made as an inside joke in this special.
- Tetsu Inada voices Kamen Rider 1 here, having filled in for Hiroshi Fujioka for the majority of his appearances in Heisei era crossovers, despite Fujioka returning as Takeshi Hongo in Kamen Rider Taisen.
- Kaito actually has a smaller role than Mitsuzane in this special despite, presumably, being the series' Secondary Kamen Rider.
- Summary on TV Asahi's Ressha Sentai ToQger website
- Summary on TV Asahi's Kamen Rider Gaim website
- Guide on Toei Company's Ressha Sentai ToQger website
- Guide on Toei Company's Kamen Rider Gaim website
- ↑ Ressha Sentai TōQGer vs. Kamen Rider Gaim Special's TV Ad Posted - News. Anime News Network (2014-03-15). Retrieved on 2014-03-27.
- ↑ 1st Super Sentai Vs. Kamen Rider TV Special to Air in March. Anime News Network (2014-02-24). Retrieved on 2014-03-21.