|This article is about a/an show in the Tokusatsu Kaiju subgenre.|
|Giant Robot Mikazuki|
|Number of episodes:||6|
|First episode:||First Night: The Mysterious Giant, Mikazuki, Appears|
|Original airing:||October 23, 2000 - March 24, 2001|
Giant Robot Mikazuki (鉄甲機ミカヅキ Tekkōki Mikazuki) is a 2000 6 episode Super Robot television mini-series created and directed by Keita Amemiya.
to be added
- First Night: The Mysterious Giant, Mikazuki, Appears
- Second Night: The Door That Wouldn't Open
- Third Night: Fly Mikazuki, from Zero to Gai!
- Fourth Night: New Giant Shingetsu, Arise!
- Fifth Night: Serious Fight! Mikazuki vs. Shingetsu
- Sixth Night: Forever Mikazuki
- Kazeo Isurugi- Pilot of the Mikazuki
- Akane Hino
- Naomi Amamiya
- Aki Hano
- Yukijirô Hotaru
- Hikaru Ijûin
- Tetsuro Kobayashi
- Akira Koieyama
- Kenpachirô Satsuma
- Yasuyo Shirashima
- Noboru Takachi
- Hiroko Tanaka
- Wakana Yamazaki
- Sayaka Yoshino
- While Keita Amemiya himself has not confirmed this, this series seems to be inspired by the works of Mitsuteru Yokoyama, as it shares a few of the tropes of shows such as Tetsujin-28 and Giant Robo.
- The story centers around a kid who controls a giant robot: (Shotaro Kaneda with Tetsujin-28, Daisaku Kusama with Giant Robo, Kazeo Isurugi with Mikazuki).
- The robots battle enemies that have some connection to it.
- All three robots are brawler types, using non-weapon based finishing moves such as punches and kicks as their primary attacks.
- The TV show's production was very expensive, costing over ¥1,000,000,000 (over $9,000,000 US). This is the result of using heavy amounts of CGI (which was still a fairly new and expensive concept for TV at the time) elaborate costume and set designs and a slow production schedule, airing one episode each month.